How can we help?
Employee Support Portal
Hospice Thrift Shops
Our Thrift Stores are now open! And don't forget about our new location in Jacksonville, Texas!
Store hours are Wednesday - Friday 10am - 2pm.
Welcome to The Hospice of East Texas
Whether provided in the home, hospital, long-term care facility or anywhere else, hospice is a compassionate way of caring for those with a life-limiting illness. The Hospice of East Texas has been providing this loving care to patients and their families throughout the communities of East Texas since 1982.
Coping with terminal illness presents many challenges – physical, emotional, social and spiritual. The caring, experienced team of professionals at The Hospice of East Texas is prepared to meet those challenges, and believes that no one, regardless of age, illness or financial circumstances, should have to face death alone or in pain.
Hospice of East Texas continues to closely monitor the COVID pandemic and the regulations set through state, local, and national authorities.
Due to the rise in COVID-19 cases in Texas/East Texas, with safety of staff, patients, and guests in mind, the following changes will be taking place.
Until further notice, the following visitation rules will be implemented:
HomeCare Visit Policy:
Families (and patients as appropriate) are requested to wear a mask/face covering while HOET staff is in their homes; this is a cautionary measure for the protection of all.
HomePlace Visitation Policy:
- Visiting hours are 8:00am - 8:00pm every day. Visitors may stay overnight but are asked to remain in the building after visiting hours end.
- All visitors must wear a mask and remain in the patient room while visiting.
- Visitors are restricted to 2 at a time and will receive a badge from the front desk upon check-in. The badge must be worn when in the building and returned to the front desk when leaving.
- When the Nurse has deemed a patient may be the last hours of life, 5 visitors may be allowed in the room at a time.
- All visitors are asked to complete the provided questionnaire each time they visit HomePlace. If “yes” answers are given, the visitor may be asked to refrain from visiting. Individuals with temperatures >100.00 F will not be allowed to visit (per CDC recommendations).
We are mindful that these restrictions are difficult for those visiting HomePlace. Nonetheless, it is our responsibility to do our part to reduce the spread of the COVID virus and protect the well-being of all those who are being cared for, their families, our staff and their families as well.
These changes will be monitored regularly and re-evaluated as needed. Thank you for your flexibility and patience. As in all we do at Hospice of East Texas, the best interests of our patients, staff and volunteers are our top priority.
Click to view the COVID-19 Vaccine Q & A
Hospice of East Texas is accredited under the CHAP Hospice Standards of Excellence. Hospice of East Texas has been accredited by CHAP since 2004.
CHAP accreditation demonstrates that The Hospice of East Texas meets the industry's highest nationally recognized standards. Rigorous evaluation by CHAP focuses on structure and function, quality of services and products, human and financial resources, and long term viability.